Best Camera Glasses - Buyer's Guide
Have you ever used a pair of camera glasses to take a photo or record different
activities that you want to enjoy later? It is a much easier method of taking pictures
than using a camera, and with enough care, you will find that some of the best camera
glasses on the market that you can enjoy. In this article, we are going to be reviewing
five different camera glasses that you may find interesting to see if they work for your
needs. Let's start by looking at a comparison table of the products.
The first option that we are going to look at is the Spectacles 2. These are great options that were made for specifically with snapchat in mind. To use the device, all you need to do is press down the button for a period of 10 seconds or so to take an image, and then press it once again to continue recording. These lenses are designed to be 100 percent water resistant, which means that they will work well in any kind of weather as well as in the rain and the snow. In fact, you will even be able to take these photos or videos under water.
You are going to love the way that these camera glasses work well with snap chat and other social media options, but they are the best option for the purposes that you need them for. That being said, since these are a great for social media feeds, you are going to find that the battery life is not as long as you would like it to be.
A new way to look
If you are able to use the polarized lenses in the sun, you will not ever notice a glare on the photos that you make. The lens fall into a category 3, so you will always be able to reduce the lens flare that you see. In addition, the USB charging feature that can be seen as you are working, will allow you to take at least up to 70 videos without the need to recharge. These can also easily be synced, which will help you determine if this model is right for your needs.
- Any video that you create is going to save easily to your phone, so you will have an easy time uploading your videos.
- These are very simple to use, especially if you are adding the images to your snapchat.
- If you enjoy taking videos or photos underwater, then you are going to have a very fun time getting to know the option that you have available to you.
- The location of the charging wire on the glasses is very conveniently placed.
- The glasses look really bulky on your face.
- These glasses are only designed to be water resistant, not waterproof.
- These glasses are quite heavy to wear for extended periods of time, especially for children.
The next camera glasses that we are going to be looking at is from Gogloo tech, which has been focused on sports and action videos for over 10 years. The material that these glasses are made from are designed to be lightweight and easy to use, which will make them even more comfortable in the long run. The image is also enhanced so that it works well in low light and without using a lot of power.
It only comes with a 16 GB micro SD card for storage space. It can be upgraded to a 128 GB card, but it needs to be upgraded when you get it so that it has adequate storage space. In addition, there is not a hold functionality so that you can keep recording, so if you hit it by accident, it will record and drain the battery.
In addition to the easy to control camera, the lenses are designed to have UV400 to block out all of the UVA, UVB, and the UVC light that enters the lenses as well as any harmful blue light that you need to block. The battery of this device is a 650 MA battery, which means that once it is charged, it should last for a period of 90 minutes taking images before it needs to be recharged again.
- The glasses are very comfortable to use; in fact, they are one of the models that are designed for young adults and teens.
- There are vibration warning that you can use to let you know that the power is on, the battery is low, and the memory is low as well. Each one is slightly different, but they can easily be told apart.
- This is a camera that has quite a bit of battery life; in fact, on a full charge, it will take video for a period of 90 minutes.
- If you are looking for stylish lenses, then you can consider the interchangeable lenses that are available for these glasses.
- The camera does not come with a lot of storage space.
- There is not a button that you need to hold down to record, so it can easily happen by accident.
- The camera does not perform well in dim light, so you will need good lighting for it to function as intended.
- When you begin to record video, there is a slight delay that you will want to know about.
The Oho Sunshine video sunglasses are a step above the rest when it comes to the quality of the video that you can get from them. All video recording will be done in 1080p, which is full HD quality that has amazing audio on videos as well as crisp, clean photos that you can use nearly anywhere. They are great for hunting, biking, and surfing because the shots that they take are fast action, which will give them less of a blur.
After a bit of use, the glasses stopped communicating with the computer. This is a very big issue that will keep your photos and videos locked in the camera glasses, but with the right tech, you will be able to find a solution that works for your needs. It does not respond at all to Mac OS, but with windows, you can update the drivers that are being used for the image and video upload.
This is a camera that is easy to control. There is even a vibration alert that you can consider using to let you know that the camera is functioning. In fact, it has a lot of protections that you can use when you are wearing it that will protect you from the sun's UV rays as well as allow the lenses to be dropped for any period of time. This is actually the first pair of video recording waterproof sunglasses that you will be able to find with an IP66. This means that the glasses are not only water resistant, but they are waterproof as well.
- These glasses are 100 percent waterproof models that work well water. Perfect option for a white water rafting trip down the rapids.
- These glasses are quite comfortable on your nose, even if you are wearing them for a long, extended period of time.
- The quality of the videos that you will take using this camera are very high-quality. The picture quality and the audio could be better, but they are great in high-light situations.
- If you are trying to connect the glasses to a Mac to charge the device or upload video footage, it may give you an issue.
- The battery does not last as long as it should. In fact, it sometimes turns on by mistake, which is why the sound notifications would be helpful.
- The focus on the camera is well above where your natural line of sight is when looking through the glasses.
If you are simply looking for a pair of spy glasses that will record short burst of what you see, then this is the pair of glasses for you to try. These options are designed with the lenses in mind because they are designed to give you all of the contrast and the color options that you need for crisp, clean photos and images.
If you simply have the glasses on your head as you are walking, you will notice that there is a glare that is visible. It seems that the design of these glasses were made specifically with design in mind, so it fails a bit when it comes to functionality.
When it comes to the reflectiveness of a photo, you are going to need to consider how much of the reflective light gets into the image that you are looking at through the lenses. These lenses are also designed to give you a 100 percent UV protection from long-term sun damage as well as eye fatigue that you may be experiencing from looking through the lenses for a while.
- These lenses are designed to get you out into the world while preventing you from getting damage from the UV rays of the sun.
- These glasses are available in a myriad of different color options that may better fit your style.
- The lenses are very comfortable to wear for extended period of time.
- The angle that the sunglasses sit on your face at are not as comfortable as you may think. Sun glares can easily get inside of the glasses, and if you are at the wrong angle, you will be able to see reflections as well.
- If you have a large face, the size of the glasses may not fit properly.
- The square look of the glasses are not as profile slimming as you'd think that they were.
If you are looking for camera glasses that have a hidden camera that you can easily hide, then the final camera glasses that we are looking at are going to be for you. In fact, even though the camera is positioned right on the nose guard, it is fairly difficult to see and to find as you are using it. It is designed with a single-handed operation that is fairly simple and easy to control.
The port for the USB is located on the arm of the glasses, which can be difficult to reach when you need to charge it on the go. Though, it can be reached when it is off of your face, the UBS slot can be cumbersome to reach.
Some of the best options that are available on these camera glasses are designed to help protect the user. It has polarized lenses that will help reduce the glare and the brightness of the UV light from the sun. It comes with a lot of storage support, especially if you are going to add an additional 32 GB SD card.
- The batteries only take about one to two hours to fully recharge.
- There is a safety feature that is set with the camera glasses that will turn the camera off when there is not an SD card in the slot.
- The glasses come with a 12-month warranty to help protect them for unseen occurrences.
- Though the glasses can be recharged, it comes with a 230 mAh battery that will only last for 60 minutes at a time.
- The storage space is compatible with a full 32 GB SD memory card stick that does not come with the glasses.
When you are looking into purchasing camera glasses that you can use at any time,
there are going
to be a number of criteria that you need to consider before making a purchase. Some of the
key features and the aspect that you are going to want your new camera to have will include:
User-Friendly – This is something that you are going to want to be easy to use. The easiest models to use are those that feature one-touch buttons that make taking pictures simple; however, all of this will depend on your style. How easy is it to upload your videos to social media sites?
Image and Video Quality – When you are taking pictures and videos, the quality of the images that you are taking is important. HD images are going to be crucial for any camera that you purchase, and it is important that the pixels are up to par.
Sound Quality – This is also an important matter, especially if you are taking a lot of videos where the sound is going to need to be high quality. This will ensure that it will come with a high-quality video as well, so the images that you use to create the overarching video and the sound are all high quality.
The Charging Time – How much time does a full charge give you when you need to take pictures? If you are looking for a new pair of camera glasses, you will be interested in knowing the amount of time that it takes to recharge the battery as well as the charge that you will get from something that is already being used. When you are looking for a new camera, try getting something that is going to take less than an hour to charge fully.
Amount of Storage Space – If you need a lot of space to record your images, you are going to need a good amount of storage space to call your own. The larger the camera glasses are, the more space you will need so that you can easily record without limitations. Most camera glasses come with an SD card that is around 32 GB of space.
Polarized Camera Glasses – The lenses of the glasses that you are interested in purchasing are going to need to be protected. They are going to be designed to protect against sunlight as well as ultra-violet rays that can easily cause you or your family harm. They are also designed to protect against the sun with an anti-glare coating that will work well in the bright sunlight.
Price – When you are working on a budget, the price of the camera glasses are going to come into play. Of course, you are going to need to work within your budget, but you will want to purchase the top camera options that are available to you.
Warranty – Most of these devices are designed to come with a warranty, but not everyone is going to have a great option that will cover the cost of the camera sunglasses. This means that you will have to weigh the weight of the warranty with the price of the glasses so that if something becomes defective, it will be covered.
Accessories – Before you make a purchase, consider all of the accessories that come with your new camera sunglasses. You are going to want to consider a package that comes with a USB cable, a case, and a cleaning cloth. Bluetooth functionality is also going to be a major plus when it comes to accessories that you are going to want to have.
When considering the top five camera glasses on the market, you are going to find that there are quite a bit of options that you need to consider. If you have fallen in love with the option that we have reviewed, then, you have found your camera glasses. However, if you are still looking for the right model for your needs, then you are going to want to take another look at our buyer's guide section to help you find the one that works best for your image needs. Especially if you are looking for a waterproof option that you can use outdoors because many of theses options have a polarized lenses that will help keep the quality up while keeping the glare down.
About Gareth Otwell
Gareth Otwell is a 28-year-old tech geek. Currently working at a big IT company. He chooses to
widen the topics he writes about so as to provide his readers with an all-in-one go-to
platform that they can use to research for just about anything.